Thursday, March 8, 2012

Sand

Whale beach Sand Australia
Sandgrains.com

Hawaiian Honeymoon Sand
Over the years, I have collected beach sand. I have always been intriqued with the different
colors and sizes of the grains from the different parts of the world. I have sand from Australia,
Hawaii, and Blacks beach in So California. My husband is so sweet that he had a friend bring me back some sand from their trip to Tahiti. I hope to go there myself one day to walk on that sand.
it amazed me when I came across an article in the February issue of Coastal Living about a biomedical engineer Gary Greenberg who was also interested in sand.  When his brother sent him some sand from Hawaii, he put it under his microscope and found treasures beyond our imagination. Each grain is
different (like snowflakes) and reveals the origin og the coral ,shell and volcanic fragments.
he now blows these up for us to see and purchase on his website sandgrains.com. Check it out!
You will look at sand a little differently as you walk on it at your favorite coastal shore.

Happy Thursday,

Toni
Images via Coastal Living

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...